A Guide to Affiliate Marketing – Core Players
Enjoy our new blog series about affiliate marketing, created by clickBakers team to help our users better understand the complicated world of affiliates as well as the importance of affiliate tracking software on the successful journey to commissions. First of all, let’s look at the key players on the affiliate market.
A List of Core Players in Affiliate Marketing
- typically owners of a website but not always
- earn income by providing customers/leads/users for advertisers
- get much higher commissions than members of PPC networks such as Google AdSense or Media.net
How do affiliates publish merchant’s offers?
- they create a niche blog/ website/web portal on a specific subject with banners or contextual links
- post on forums
- upload YouTube videos
- promote on Social Media
- write product reviews
- gather newsletter subscriptions
- get advertising space on affiliate websites
- pay only for completed sales or converted leads, not for clicks or impressions
- merchants take no risk with affiliate marketing
- rewards affiliates with a percentage of their revenue
- negative ROI is not possible
Advertisers become partners on affiliate networks or they have their own in-house affiliate program.
- are programs owned and managed by merchants based on revenue sharing
- commission to affiliates is paid for referred business
- affiliates send customers to merchants via links
- hubs that connect advertisers/merchants and affiliates/publishers
- provide thousands of affiliate programs
- mostly based on a revenue share model
- offer various affiliate programs with different advertising models CPA, CPL, CPS, CPM, CPC
i 80% of all affiliate networks use Revenue Sharing or cost per sale (CPS) as a compensation method
19% use CPA and the rest one percent use CPM or even CPC
- have various methods of tracking, reporting, and payment
- aim at different niche markets
- target various locations
- offer promotions of thousands of advertisers
Top Affiliate networks:
- CJ Affiliate by Conversant
- Rakuten Affiliate Network
i What is Contextual Linking?
Placing affiliate links within a related article/blog post
Don’t forget to follow us on social media and stay tuned for more interesting blogs about traffic management!
If you want to know more about our smart traffic management, stay tuned! You can watch video tutorials and also read more growth tips on our blog. Sign up today, try our mobile web tracker and optimize your campaigns – because with us you always get the basic package for free.