Tutorial Series – How to Use clickBakers for Targeting and Campaign Management
Watch our tutorial video that provides a detailed explanation on using clickBakers for your web & mobile traffic targeting and campaign management.
Video transcript — How to Use clickBakers for Targeting and Campaign Management
Welcome to clickBakers! This video will explain how to start using clickBakers for your TRAFFIC TARGETING & CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT. Right after login, you see the following menu options – Statistics, Traffic, Users, and Get Started. Get Started provides a helpful onboarding at a glance. Other useful tips and explanations can be found when you hover your mouse over the tool tip icon.
For the purposes of this video, however, we’ll walk you through all the main sections of Traffic Management in detail, starting with TARGETING.
The main principle to understand is that clickBakers features a RULE BASED TARGETING and CAMPAIGN DELIVERY. Rules consist of conditions that are attributes of the incoming traffic. It is crucial to set up the rules correctly to assure efficiency of your targeting.
So, to begin directing your traffic to desired destinations (here called OFFERS), start with CREATING TARGETING & FILTERING RULES.
To create a rule, define relevant filtering conditions such as location, connection, device, and so on. Each rule then groups incoming traffic matching the rule criteria into the corresponding segments. Once you’ve set up the rules, continue with defining destinations where you want a particular segment of the traffic to flow to – so called OFFERS.
Offer is a destination URL where you are sending your traffic; it can be a landing page, website, mobile application or any other internet property.
You can create a new offer right here or select from already existing offers. Please note, that offers can also be added separately under the menu item OFFERS.
So, when adding a new offer, specify the mandatory fields such as offer name and URL and define what parameters you want to have forwarded.
Additionally, you can benefit from the following optimization options:
- CUSTOM PARAMETERS – You can add custom parameters to the OFFER URL. These parameters will always be attached to the URL when the traffic is redirected via the particular rule. By default, all incoming parameters are forwarded; this can, however, be turned off should you need it.
- PERCENTAGE SPLIT TESTING – You can use the percentage split functionality to do A/B testing on a set of offers. There can be multiple offers added this way, but the sum of the percentage split needs to equal 100%.
- CLICKS CAPPING – You can limit the number of clicks sent to a particular OFFER with the clicks limit functionality. This can be set as a one-time occurrence or reset daily.
- TIME SCHEDULING – functionality enabling traffic redirection on predefined times and days.
Let’s move onto setting up CAMPAIGNS.
Campaigns enable you to easily categorize and monitor your traffic. Here you also generate links for specific traffic sources. Please remember:
- Each campaign has its own link. This link is used to send traffic through clickBakers, therefore at least one campaign needs to be set up
- A Source and Category can be set for each campaign but it is not mandatory
I’ll continue with briefly explaining the remaining features which are not mandatory to set up but are highly beneficial for your campaign management:
NETWORKS represent a source of offers where you send your traffic to; this can be an affiliate program, ad network, performance network, publisher, and so on. If you plan to use our CONVERSION TRACKING feature, setting up Networks is required as the tracking is only available on a NETWORK level.
SOURCES are where you’re getting your traffic from. It is advisable to set them up in a case of multiple traffic sources and when creating specific targeting rules per each source.
CATEGORIES help you identify your traffic by different niches or verticals which can also be used for additional filtering options. If you have two types of traffic (for example Gaming and Finance) you may want to have separate rule sets for each. Specifying your Categories will then be helpful.
FALLBACK OFFER means a default destination where traffic will be redirected in case it IS NOT MATCHED with ANY of your RULES.
Hopefully by now, you are getting the feeling on using clickBakers.
Additional features such as CONVERSION TRACKING and REPORTING will be demonstrated in our next tutorial video.
Don’t forget to follow us on social media and stay tuned for more interesting blogs about traffic management!
If you want to know more about our smart traffic management, stay tuned! You can watch video tutorials and also read more growth tips on our blog. Sign up today, try our mobile web tracker and optimize your campaigns – because with us you always get the basic package for free.